It’s no secret that healthy hair makes you look and feel good. But did you know that it can also positively affect your body? That’s why unDONE Salon would like to discuss how healthy hair can improve your overall health. We’ll talk about the benefits of having healthy hair and provide tips on achieving and maintaining healthy locks by visiting a hairstylist in Boise, Idaho.
Stress (And Genetics) Can Cause Gray Hairs
As we age, it’s normal for our hair to change color. For some people, this process happens slowly and steadily. But for others, gray hairs can appear seemingly overnight.
There are a number of factors that can contribute to the graying of hair, including stress and genetics. If you’re noticing more gray hairs than usual, it’s important to take a closer look at your lifestyle and see if there are any changes you can make to reduce stress. In addition, if you have a family history of premature graying, you may be more likely to experience this yourself.
Fortunately, you can do a few things to prevent or slow down the appearance of gray hair. These include:
- Taking care of your hair: Be sure to shampoo and condition your hair regularly and use products that are designed for your specific hair type.
- Eating a healthy diet: A nutritious diet is essential for overall health and can help keep your hair looking its best. Make sure to include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your diet.
- Reducing stress: As we mentioned before, stress can contribute to gray hair. If you’re feeling stressed out, try relaxation techniques such as yoga or meditation.
While there’s no way to completely prevent gray hair, following these tips can help you keep your locks looking their best.
Healthy Hair Can Improve Your Mood
Not only does healthy hair look great, but it can also have a positive effect on your mood. In fact, research has shown that people with healthier hair are more likely to report higher levels of self-esteem and satisfaction.
If you’re feeling down about your appearance, taking steps to improve the health of your hair can be a great way to boost your mood. In addition to following the tips we’ve listed above, you can also try:
- Using essential oils: Certain essential oils, such as lavender and rosemary, have been shown to promote relaxation and reduce stress. Add a few drops of these oils to your shampoo or conditioner, or use them in a scalp massage.
- Getting regular trims: While it may seem counterintuitive, getting regular trims can actually help to improve the health of your hair. This is because it removes damaged and split ends, which can make your hair look healthier overall.
Hair Shedding May Be a Sign of Anemia
Hair shedding is a normal part of the hair growth cycle, and most people lose between 50 and 100 hairs per day. However, if you’re noticing more hair in your brush than usual, it could be a sign of anemia.
Anemia is a condition that occurs when there is a lack of red blood cells in the body. This can cause fatigue, shortness of breath, and pale skin. It can also lead to hair loss, as the body’s supply of oxygen-rich blood is reduced.
If you think you may be experiencing hair loss due to anemia, it’s important to see a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. Anemia can often be treated with iron supplements or other medications.
Constant Hair Loss Could Mean Protein Deficiency
If you’re losing more hair daily, it could be a sign that you’re not getting enough protein. Protein is an essential nutrient for hair health, as it helps to build and repair the cells in your scalp.
Without enough protein, your hair may become brittle and break easily. You may also notice that your hair is thinning or falling out in clumps. If you think you may be deficient in protein, talk to your doctor about ways to increase your intake. Good sources of protein include meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and legumes.
Visit Your Hairstylist in Boise, Idaho
Now that you know a little bit more about hair health, it’s time to practice some of that knowledge. If it’s been a while since your last haircut, consider scheduling an consultation with your hairstylist in Boise, Idaho. To book your next appointment at unDONE Salon, contact us at (208) 287-2010 or schedule online today!