In today’s modern world, any past rules for your hair have gone out the window. Whether you’re in your 20’s, 40’s or 60’s and beyond, you can cut, grow, dye or highlight your hair just the way you want it. Bottom line, the way you wear your hair is entirely up to you! Looking for a change but not sure where to start? Start by assessing your current hair type, face shape, complexion, and personal lifestyle. This will help you understand what hairstyles will look best on you to make you feel comfortable and confident at any age.
At unDONE, our Boise salon hair stylists have put together a few ideas and tips for women of all ages to help you rock a hairstyle that best works for you.
Hairstyle Tips For Those In Their 20’s
When you’re in your 20’s it’s important to experiment and have fun. This period of your life is when anything goes. If you want to try something, why not? Even if you do make a mistake, your hair will always grow back.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. Want a pixie cut and platinum blonde hair? Go for it! Now is the time to test the limits and find a look that showcases your unique personality.
- Take the time to deep condition. While it’s important to test the limits, you don’t want to fry your hair in the process. Talk with your Boise hair salon stylist about using the most effective products based on your individual hair needs.
Hairstyle Tips For Those In Their 30’s
When you’re in your 30’s, you may want to strive for a versatile hairstyle that keeps up with your busy lifestyle. Whether you are a CEO of a major company or a stay-at-home mom, it can be hard to find the time to wash and style your hair daily. That’s why it’s important to talk with your Boise hair salon stylist to find a hairstyle that provides you with a cool, confident look that doesn’t require a huge amount of time to maintain.
- If you don’t want to have to run to the salon every 4-6 weeks to maintain your hair color, balayage might be your best friend. At unDONE Salon, our Boise hair salon stylists will hand brush highlights throughout the center and ends of your hair to provide you with a fresh, stylish look without any pressure to make future appointments.
- Dry shampoo is a must for those constantly on the go who don’t have time to wash their hair every morning. Just work a little amount into your roots when your hair falls flat and needs an extra boost between washes. Even more, dry shampoo can provide you with volume and texture when you’re rocking a ponytail or messy bun.
Hairstyle Tips For Those In Their 40’s
For women in their 40’s, there’s no doubt you’ve found a suitable hairstyle that works for you. However, you don’t have to stick with the same old look if you don’t want to. At unDONE Salon, our Boise hair salon stylists can help you update your style whether you want a subtle change or a whole new look.
- Check your hair color. As we get older our skin tone can change which means that the color you’ve been rocking for the past 10 years might not be the best choice today. Talk with your Boise hair salon stylist about a hair color that can add some highlights and dimensions that will compliment your current complexion.
- Mask fine lines and wrinkles by exploring fringe options. A long, side-swept fringe or brow-grazing bangs can help frame your face while covering up any minor flaws that come over time. Even more, your blow dryer can be your best friend by providing some added volume for those with thinning hair.
Hairstyle Tips For Those In Their 60’s & 70’s
For women in their 60’s and 70’s, you may want to opt for a sleek, elegant, and sophisticated look. While hair texture and color change over time, it’s important to maintain your style with quality Boise hair salon products to keep your hair healthy, shiny, and youthful.
- Whether you opt to embrace your gray hair or cover it up, there are a wide variety of color options to make the most out of your hairstyle. With so many color formulas available, you can either cover your gray completely or highlight your silver tresses with toned shampoos and color glazes. It’s really up to you!
- Stop the clock of time by avoiding any haircuts with harsh, solid lines. If your hair is on the shorter side, make sure to choose a softer look over anything blunt. If your hair is longer you may want to add a few layers to help frame your face for an overall impression of youthfulness.
At unDONE Salon we offer personalized consultations when it comes to choosing the best hairstyle no matter your age. Our Boise hair salon stylists are professionally trained and can help you decide the best direction to take when it comes to a individual look that will look best on you. We will be more than happy to share our wealth of knowledge and provide you with the perfect cut or hair color for you. To schedule an appointment, contact us at (208) 287-2010 or book online now.