unDONE is proud to introduce the Nail Bar with Yadira “yogi” Ortego to our Boise hair salon as our lead nail technician. When it comes to a Boise manicure or a Boise pedicure, Yadira is well known as one of the best nail technicians within the Treasure Valley. She specializes in 3D nail art, stiletto, form nails, pink and white nails, glitter toes, Hollywood nails, bling nail art, acrylic overlays, gel polish, gel nails, and rockstar nails just to name a few. In the past, she has worked at Advanced Nail Art Academy with Sindy Mark along with other leading, west coast nail artists.
Our Boise pedicure stations are modern with a unisex style. We set our standards high when it comes to cleanliness, and every Boise pedicure is performed in a sterile foot bath to prevent any notion of cross contamination.
Nail art is in high demand these days and there are plenty of reasons to get a Boise manicure or Boise pedicure. Whether its in preparation for a wedding, prom or mother/daughter date, getting your nails professionally done is a great way to pamper yourself while throwing the time consuming task of doing-it-yourself out the window!
Below are some common Boise nail salon options:
Your Boise nail salon technician will mix a liquid with a powder and brush the mixture onto your nails. While this is usually done to cover your entire nail, tips or a flexible form can also be sculpted to extend your nails. Once the product is exposed to the air, it begins to harden.
Upkeep: Over time, acrylics grow out along with your nails. Your Boise nail salon technician recommends having your nails filled in every two to three weeks. She will then gently file down the acrylic edge closest to your nail bed before filling in the empty area between your nail bed and the existing acrylic nail.
Removal: When you decide to have your acrylics removed, your Boise nail salon technician will remove them easily without any forcing or prying by soaking your nails in polish remover for approximately 15 minutes.
Today’s gels have the similar consistency of nail polish. They are brushed onto your nails, nail tips, or nail appliqués to extend the length. After your Boise nail salon technician applies each coat, your nails are then placed under an ultraviolet (UV) light for approximately two minutes to “cure” or harden the gel. There is no odor during this application product. Unlike acrylics they may hold their color longer without chipping.
Maintenance: Just like acrylics, gels grow out with your nails and need to be filled in every two to three weeks. Your Boise nail salon technician will gently file down the gel edge closest to your nail bed before filling in the empty area between your nail bed and the existing gel nail.
Removal: As with acrylics, gels are removed by soaking them in nail polish remover.
- Make sure to see your Boise nail salon technician. At-home products require a lot of skill, far more than a do-it-yourself hair color.
- Don’t peel off artificial nails. They are designed to adhere to the nail bed, and peeling them can damage the top layer of your nail.
- Wash your hand before having your nails done to avoid infection. Your Boise nail salon technician will do the same.
- Leave your cuticles alone. Don’t cut or push back your cuticles. Breaking the seal between your fingernail and the nail bed can also lead to infections.
- Don’t bandage or try to repair a damaged nail yourself. See your Boise nail salon technician for repairs, and to avoid getting a nail infection.
- If its your first time getting a Boise manicure or Boise pedicure service, ask your Boise nail salon technician how to care for your nails in between visits. They will teach you how to properly maintain your nails.
- Inform your Boise nail salon technician if you experience any pain after having artificial nails applied because they aren’t supposed to hurt. If you develop rashes or itching around your fingertips or face or neck (which many women often touch with their hands), you may be sensitive to one of the ingredients applied to your nails.