Your wedding day is the one day you get to feel and look like a true princess, and we’ve all been dreaming about it since we were little girls. However, weddings are synonymous with planning. In order to pull of a dream wedding, there are so many details that need to be planned carefully. Not to mention that on your wedding day, you will be noticed from your head to your toes by everyone who attends. So on such an important day, you CANNOT afford to ignore your nails.
Below are some Boise manicure tips when it comes to rocking the perfect nails on your wedding day:
What nail color and polish should you choose?
Once you’ve decided on your bridal hair style, and have an idea on how you’re going to do your makeup, there are still things to consider when it comes to your wedding manicure. Consider going for a long lasting product that you’re Boise manicure technician can put on before the big day that will last throughout your honeymoon. Don’t let a chipped nail ruin your day. Also, consider the length of your nails to ensure they are comfortable and manageable.
How far in advance should you get a Boise manicure before the wedding?
If you decide to go with a long lasting product like a gel, make sure to have them done no more than a week before hand. A gel manicure can last up to 3 weeks, seeing you through your big day and honeymoon. Ask your Boise manicure technician about maintenance products like cuticle oil, hand creams and topcoats so that your nails stay looking their best. We also advise on getting your nails done the day before your wedding, so you don’t have to worry about an emergency touch up on the big day.
Make sure your Boise manicure stays perfect
Having a beautiful Boise manicure for your wedding day isn’t as simple as just having your polish done the night before. You need to keep in mind that you need to maintain the health and condition of your nails in the months and weeks leading up to your big day. Our Boise manicure technician recommends applying a cuticle oil and hand cream daily to rehydrate and combat any dryness around your cuticles, fingers and hands.
Time to get moisturizing!
Additional Wedding Day Nails Advice
- Try different colors in the months and weeks leading up to your wedding so you know exactly which one you love the best.
- Think about the color of your dress, bouquet, and wedding color theme. Will you nails go with them or clash?
- DON’T bite your nails! While planning a wedding can be stressful, you don’t want your nails to look chewed up.
- Use a cuticle oil or vitamin E oil every evening before you go to bed. Your nails will look beautiful and thank you. Picture soft, beautiful hands.
- If you would like to go with a color that will pop, try tying the color into your wedding color scheme or as the dominant color in your bouquet.
Creative Commons Image Courtesy of Emma Campbell