Sometimes success can be the hardest thing for individuals. We always hear that “Only the strong survive”, but how do we get there? There is always someone or something that doesn’t want us to win and usually that is our own self, hence the saying, “We are our own worst enemies”.
So in today’s blog, lets chat about the “so called” LITTLE VOICES that talk to us between our left and right ears, and how we can manage them. First of all, it’s important to understand the subconscious part of our brain, the memory bank. The memory bank stores everything that ever happens to us, good and bad. It is an unquestioning servant that works day and night to make your behavior fit a pattern consistent with your emotionalized thoughts, hopes and desires. Whatever you plant there, good or bad, it will create. It manages all our comfort zones so it makes something different very uncomfortable making us feel tense and uneasy.
So how are we supposed to manage and grow this part of our mind? Just like everything else we exercise it. You must force yourself out of your comfort zone and keep doing it until it becomes comfortable!
Your subconscious voice will always remind you of events that went wrong, that you’re not good enough, you can’t do it so don’t waste your time or yada, yada, yada… You get the picture right?
Steps to Win Over These Nasty Little Voices
- Celebrate all the small and big wins! Ball your hand in a fist and say “YEAH!” really loud or high five a friend and share your success with them. Remember your friends should support you in in everything you do so they will want to celebrate with you too! Anchor that win!
- Tell that little voice to stop when you start hearing it speak! Remember who’s in charge: YOU!
- Remember to tell it to stop. It’s okay to lie to that little voice when you are hit with a curve ball. Be positive!
- Celebrate fear by being excited. Your brain doesn’t really know the difference between the two 🙂
- Debrief every day by reflecting on what worked. Highest energy wins. Remember that when your subconscious voice starts talking negatively, and tell it to stop!
In conclusion, remember that it’s important to grow in a relationship, business or personal goals. Never let that little voice destroy you. Tell it to stop and continue going on. Get comfortable and make it exciting! Reach for the unreachable while managing the little voice!