With summer just around the corner, now’s the time to start thinking about maintaining your eyelash extensions during the hot, humid days ahead! In order to keep your sultry lashes in tip-top shape, you will need to take extra care of your lashes with the following Boise hair salon tips:
- Avoid excessive heat and humidity for at least 48 hours after your extensions are applied in order to allow the adhesive time to set.
- Use only a small amount of mascara because the weight of excessive eye makeup can lead to breakage.
- Avoid cotton balls to remove your eye makeup. Try using a soft cloth instead.
- Avoid water, and keep your lashes dry while the adhesive sets. No swimming for at least 24 – 48 hours!
- Try sleeping on your back for a few days after your eyelashes are first applied in order to prevent crushed or bent lashes.
- Try not to touch your eyelash extensions as much as possible. Rubbing, or pulling can cause damage.
- Make sure to visit your Boise hair salon for touch-up every 2 – 4 weeks in order to ensure full, damage free eyelash extensions.
- Mist or gently splash your face with fresh, clean water after swimming to rinse away any chlorine that can cause the eyelash adhesive in your extensions to break down.
Eyelash extensions are a great way to compliment your summertime look. When handled with care, you can wake up day after day with long, lush eyelashes that look completely natural when professionally applied at your Boise hair salon. Say goodbye to mascara runs, and “raccoon” eyes at the pool, and say hello to set of well-placed eyelash extensions!
Get noticeably longer, darker, fuller eyelashes at Undone Salon. Our skilled technicians dedicate an extended amount of time to ensure a proper application. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us at (208) 287-2010 today.