Unfortunately, spring lash shed is a reality we all go through. What does that mean you ask? Every spring and fall, each of us experiences seasonal hair shedding. At this time of year, you will start to notice more of your natural eyelashes falling out along with your extensions. But don’t worry, this just means you will be needing regular fills to keep your look nice and full — and the Boise hair salon estheticians at unDONE are here to help!
Why Spring Lash Shed Happen?
As with the hair on our heads and the rest of our bodies, our eyelashes go through “seasonal molting.” This is especially true for the spring and fall seasons where you may experience a more noticeable thinning of your natural eyelashes. During this time, new hair starts to grow from the hair follicle. As it grows it pushes the old hair up and away through natural shedding or may be easily pulled out. Simply put, shedding is the normal process of replacing an old lash with a new one.
What Can You Do?
Since lash shedding is a normal, natural process, there’s really not a whole lot you can do. However, it’s wise to stay hydrated and eat a diet high in nutrients to support optimal hair, skin, and nail growth. If you wear eyelash extensions, you may want to book your touch-up appointments at unDONE Salon sooner than usual to maintain a full set of lashes. Remember, this is only temporary, and the spring lash shedding season usually only lasts around 4-6 weeks.
Spring Eyelash Extension Tips
Now that it’s spring, it’s time to start thinking about maintaining your eyelash extensions during the hot, summer days ahead. In order to keep your sultry lashes in tip-top shape, you will need to take extra care of your lashes with the following Boise hair salon tips:
- Avoid excessive heat and humidity for at least 48 hours after your extensions are applied in order to allow the adhesive time to set.
- Use only a small amount of mascara because the weight of excessive eye makeup can lead to breakage.
- Avoid cotton balls to remove your eye makeup. Try using a soft cloth instead.
- Avoid water, and keep your lashes dry while the adhesive sets. No swimming for at least 24-48 hours!
- Try sleeping on your back for a few days after your eyelashes are first applied in order to prevent crushed or bent lashes.
- Try not to touch your eyelash extensions as much as possible. Rubbing, or pulling can cause damage.
- Make sure to visit your Boise hair salon for a touch-up every 2-4 weeks in order to ensure full, damage free eyelash extensions.
- Mist or gently splash your face with fresh, clean water after swimming to rinse away any chlorine that can cause the eyelash adhesive in your extensions to break down.
It’s important to keep in mind that everyone is different when it comes to the number of eyelashes they lose during the spring and fall seasons. While some people may lose more than others, there’s no need to worry, it will pass in just a few weeks time.
At unDONE Salon, our Boise hair salon estheticians specialize in providing you with beautiful, healthier, long-lasting eyelash extensions that feel fantastic. Not only can we customize your eyelash extensions based on your personal style in order to achieve your desired results but extend the amount of time they last through proper application. Whether you want natural looking or dramatic lashes, we can help you achieve the look you want!